With Wide Eyes, it's SKYES

Friday, May 06, 2016

It's a beautiful day here in Seattle. I knew when I woke up this morning, I needed to pass the music of SKYES along to everyone to get the day on the right path--for that matter, the weekend.

The new Quarks EP had me excited after I first got a taste of the melodies that are both soothing and strong. I started the EP with "Dry"because it's the most-hyped on the EP. Sometimes I like to start with the hype song to see if the band will be something I can get into or not. It's not a perfect science, sometimes I am compelled one way or the other and it helps though.

"Dry" starts off like the perfect beach song, soft and smooth. Fifty-one seconds into the song however, it turns into a real listening experience that you don't want to miss. It's the kind of song that makes you turn up the volume and picture the story in your head. It's moody, but the composition of the song still keeps it positive.

I then had a good listen of "Give Me More", and this song seems to better showoff Dallin Knightly's (vocals/piano) range. It has a slow rhythm that again is strong, and a powerful reflection of the group. At the 2:50 mark you feel that power surge through, and it breaks into a Kavinsky-feeling beat, that I loved.

Give it a listen, and support them by filling up your weekend playlist with their new EP. Nice work guys. Their official website can be found here: https://skyesmusic.com/


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Blog Archive

Like us on Facebook